2017 DataPalooza Finale Judging Criteria
What is the potential benefit of the project? What is the value proposition to customers?
Is the project scalable? What is the sustainability and growth model?
- Have they established a “Minimal Viable Product” (software, hardware, etc.)? *Note: an MVP is the minimum set of features to be able to start collecting data. If building off of an existing platform, have they developed additional features that add value?
- Were they able to demo something functional?
- Who are their key partners?
- Is there a customer acquisition / rollout strategy?
- Did the team get out and talk to customers?
- Did the team identify customers (demographic, location etc)?
User Experience Design
Does it have a professional look and feel? Does it deliver a compelling and captivating user experience? Is it memorable? What key insights enabled them to go in this creative direction?
Use of Open Data
What Open Data does the team use? Does the project incorporate open data in meaningful way? How did open data shape the design of the project? Have they leveraged data accurately and appropriately?